An excellent opportunity has arisen for a a Senior Corporate Lawyer to join an established firm. The Senior Corporate Lawyer, who will be reporting to Partners, will be working with both the firm’s legal team as well as the financial services team.
Our client provides legal, audit and assurance services.
Duties include bur are not limited to:
- Providing legal advice and legal opinions
- Drafting, revising, negotiating and concluding agreements
- Drafting / preparing corporate documents such as M&As, resolutions, MFSA forms, pledge agreements etc
- Assisting with all corporate ventures such as incorporation, mergers and acquisitions, share transfers, registration of mortgages over vessels, licensing, etc.
- Liaising directly with the Maltese Registrar of Companies, MFSA, Inland Revenue Department, Registry of Ships and other national and international governmental authorities;
- Assisting with reporting requirements to local and overseas regulatory authorities
- Providing training both in-house and to third parties in related sectors
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and ability to perform under pressure are required
- Ability to deal with a multi-cultural work environment and client base
- Excellent communication in English is required
- A minimum of 5 years of corporate law experience, whilst experience in maritime and tax law will be considered advantageous
- University degree in law (LL.B / LL.D)is required. A Master’s degree (LL.M) will be considered advantageous
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate. The chosen candidate will be given the opportunity to progress within the firm.
All interested applicants are requested to send their CV to [email protected] All CV’s will be handled under strictest confidence.