An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Financial Crime Compliance Officer. The selected candidate will join the Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) team ensuring adherence to applicable regulations and standards by setting the policies that cover the Group’s regulatory requirements. Reporting to the FCC Manager, the candidate will assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of systems, processes and controls related to the prevention of financial crime. These include Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF), Anti Bribery and Corruption (ABC) and Sanctions Regimes.
Our client is an established financial organisation offering a selection of savings and investment schemes.
- Assisting the FCC Manager in ensuring compliance with laws, rules, regulations and directives issued pursuant to the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations, Bribery & Corruption and Sanctions regulations
- Assisting the FCC Manager in overseeing the Financial Crime Compliance processes in line with Bank’s standards and regulatory obligations
- Assisting the FCC Manager with the delivery and completion of the Compliance Monitoring Plan in assessing the effectiveness of processes and controls in relation to Financial Crime Risks
- Assisting in the investigation and adjudication of client screening and transaction monitoring alerts
- Interacting and collaborating with other departments on Financial Crime Compliance related issues and enquiries
- Providing ongoing input and/or feedback on the processes and tools, with the aim to improve the efficiency of the team
- Assisting in requests for information and documentation received from the FIAU, Police Authorities, Courts of Malta and other authorities in a timely manner
- Other duties as may be determined from time to time by the Financial Crime Compliance Manager
- First Degree in Banking or Compliance or an equivalent technical knowledge of the regulatory framework and common practises in compliance within the Financial Services Industry
- Certificate in Compliance or Financial Crime Prevention
- A minimum of 12 months experience in a risk management position
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to analyse and escalate identified risks to management
- Proven ability of working on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to manage priorities within tight deadlines and minimum supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication both in Maltese and English language
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.