An opportunity has arisen to join an investment services company here in Malta as a Compliance Officer and MLRO. The Compliance Officer/MLRO will be reporting to the Managing Director and Board of Directors and will be responsible for the management of all Compliance and AML processes and operations in Malta.
Our client is a well-established investment services company that offer services such as fund management and corporate and fund structuring.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Complying with the provisions of the Investment Services Act, Part BIII of the Investment Services Rules for Investment Services Providers which qualify as AIFM, Subsidiary Legislation, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations, FAIU Implementing Procedures Part I and any other applicable rules and regulations in fulfilling his/her duties as the Legal and Compliance Officer
- Performing KYC/due diligence and continuous monitoring on entities the Company deals with
- Reviewing and Drafting compliance, AML procedures and any other applicable procedures, in line with the applicable Regulations and best market practices
- Reviewing practical compliance issues as they arise
- Developing and maintaining the compliance and regulatory calendar, taking appropriate action in terms of the applicable Regulations relating to the Company
- Carrying out a continuing and formal compliance and anti-money laundering and counter funding of terrorism monitoring programme, to ensure ongoing adherence to the relevant Regulations, including the MFSA’s and FIAU’s expectations and presenting recommendations and assisting in the implementation of processes/procedures, as the case may be
- Presenting compliance reports to the Board of Directors; detailing the findings and recommendations
- Providing continued support and consultancy on upcoming legislation applicable to the Company
- Attending to any other material matters such as liaison with the MFSA, the FIAU and service providers of the Company, as would normally be expected of a Compliance and MLRO Executive
- This position calls for a highly communicative individual and is able to work on his/her own initiative
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Candidates must be already approved by MFSA as a Compliance officer and/or MLRO with experience within AIFMD (or in a process of being approved)
- Candidates must hold 3 years of experience within compliance
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.