An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Lawyer to join a law firm as a Manager for Corporate Services. The chosen candidate will also act as Compliance Officer and MLRO for client companies.
Our client is an international boutique firm specialized in the areas of regulatory banking and corporate finance.
As a senior member of management within the company, the Manager Corporate Services will:
• Act as Compliance Officer and/or MLRO and/or Director and/or Company Secretary for client companies, including licensed entities, normal trading companies and holding companies;
• Incorporate companies and open of bank accounts, providing advice to prospective clients in relation thereto;
• Prepare for client company board meetings, taking minutes of such meetings;
• Liaise with the appropriate authorities and/or auditors in relation to client entities;
• Prepare relevant corporate and other returns;
• Ensuring that all entities under their administration and management are compliant with all relevant legislation and regulations;
• Provide general legal and corporate advice to associated companies
• Develop the business of the operation in Malta;
• Assist with the management of the office in Valletta, mentoring non-legal and junior staff.
• This position calls for candidates who are smart, confident and have a high level of integrity and professional ethics.
• Have a good command of the English language and must be well acquainted with Microsoft Office (ideally, with ECDL qualification).
• Be pro-active, self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Possess excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Be capable of influencing and interfacing easily with employees at all levels;
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• Have at least 3 – 5 years working experience in Corporate Services, with strong and proven leadership qualities and a keen interest/ability to business development.
• Candidates must possess a legal degree (essential) and a recent MLRO recognised qualification (preferred) and good knowledge of the Trusts businesses.