An excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer has arisen with a reputable company in Malta.
Our client is responsible for the collection, processing, analysis and sharing of information for compliance purposes.
- Setting up standard networking infrastructure. WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and information security measures.
- Implementation and maintenance of new virtualised IT infrastructure systems on premise and on cloud environment.
- Implementation and maintenance of Cloud services on Microsoft Azure
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other disaster recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Provide guidance and assign tasks to IT systems administrators
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Academic qualification in Computer Science at National Qualification Framework level six (6) or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC), or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- Minimum of eight (8) years working in a similar role. Candidates with related Microsoft Certifications will be preferred.
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Experience with Office 365 migrations
- Experience with Azure platform (SQL Services and applications), Microsoft Office 365, Azure Security (O365 ATP, Azure ATP, MFA, Conditional Access).
- Expertise of Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint.
- Expertise in virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience with ITIL based help desk software.
- Fluency in English and Maltese languages.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Be able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Be able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
A competitive salary package and annual salary increment will be offered to the right candidate.
Health and life insurance cover.