Our client is looking for a Financial Crime Compliance Officer to join their team. The selected candidate will join the Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) team ensuring adherence to applicable regulations and standards by setting the policies that cover the Group’s regulatory requirements.
Our client is an established financial organisation.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the FCC Manager and will assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of systems, processes and controls related to the prevention of financial crime.
- Assisting the FCC Manager in ensuring compliance with laws, rules, regulations and directives issued pursuant to the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations, Bribery & Corruption and Sanctions regulations
- Assisting the FCC Manager in overseeing the Financial Crime Compliance processes in line with the company’s standards and regulatory obligations
- Assisting the FCC Manager with the delivery and completion of the Compliance Monitoring Plan in assessing the effectiveness of processes and controls in relation to Financial Crime Risks
- Assisting in the investigation and adjudication of client screening and transaction monitoring alerts
- Interacting and collaborating with other departments on Financial Crime Compliance related issues and enquiries
- Providing ongoing input and/or feedback on the processes and tools, with the aim to improve the efficiency of the team
- Assisting in requests for information and documentation received from the FIAU, Police Authorities, Courts of Malta and other authorities in a timely manner.
- First Degree in Banking or Compliance or an equivalent technical knowledge of the regulatory framework and common practises in compliance within the Financial Services Industry
- Certificate in Compliance or Financial Crime Prevention
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Risk Management position
- Fluency in Maltese and English
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)