Vodafone are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join the CVM team within the Consumer Marketing Business Unit. The Data Scientist will be working to generate hypotheses and to create models that answer impactful business questions.
The primary focus of the data scientist will be to apply data mining techniques, performing statistical analysis, and building high quality presentations for our leadership team. Furthermore the Data Scientist, will help to discover information hidden in large data sets and define and build new sets of KPI to measure their products’ and business performance and identify ways to improve customers’ experience.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about data-driven decision making and able to do advanced analysis on large data sets and quickly grasp new technologies.
Vodafone, one of the leading operators of cutting edge technology committed to providing high quality telecommunication and data services.
Some of the duties include but are not limited to:
- Understanding of business processes, goals and strategy to provide appropriate analysis and interpretation
- Data collection and gathering primarily through the use of SQL, and through other BI tools
- Analysing large data sets to develop custom models and algorithms to discover hidden relationships and provide actionable insights to Vodafone’s business.
- Conducting statistical analysis using SPSS modeller/ SAS advanced/ R
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results and actionable insights in a clear manner
- Identify, define and measure KPIs needed to drive improvement in customer experience
- Design, build and maintain dashboards that will be used by other teams and presented to Executives
- Use a variety of tools to analyse performance and user behaviour
- Minimum of a degree in analytical field (Economics, Mathematics, Statistics)
- 2+ years of relevant experience working as a BI/data analyst/Data scientist or similar role
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as tableau, Qlik, D3
- Expertise in major statistical modelling software packages (e.g. R, SAS) and multivariate techniques Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Analytical and expansive thinking with a strong desire to deliver and develop
- Completes complex projects with great autonomy
- Identifies from within his role pro-active problems or opportunities for improvement
- Can apply existing methods and structures independently and adapts them if necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and fast paced environment
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships and achieve results by working collaboratively with others
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.