Reporting to the Managers of the Client Accounting team, the Team Leader will be entrusted with a portfolio of clients and entrusted to manage and mentor junior members within the team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Being a point of reference within their team and assisting in solving high level technical accounting queries, supervising and assisting other team members with their daily tasks;
- Organising frequent catch-up meetings with their team, to monitor the progress of their own portfolio of clients as well as for any general feedback which may arise;
- Completing the management accounts of their own portfolio of clients, including
- managing the annual audit processes to provide the auditors with the required information in a timely manner to meet statutory deadlines;
- Preparing and submitting of VAT Returns of their own portfolio of clients;
- Ensuring that all the tasks within the assigned portfolio of their clients, as well as their team’s portfolio, are completed in accordance with statutory requirements and client deadlines;
- Liaising closely with management with regards to clients’ requirements from an accounting perspective, focusing on ensuring and improving the quality of service provided;
- Reviewing of financial statements
- Reviewing of VAT Returns of other team members;
- Liaising with internal departments to obtain information and supporting documentation to allow for the timely preparation of financial statements and statutory returns;
- Highlighting and report significant matters on general accounting issues arising to management;
- Assisting management in the bi-annual performance appraisal process of their team;
- Minimum of 2 years senior level experience in a client accounting environment.
- Fully qualified by a recognised accountancy qualification
- Ability to use Excel as well as SAGE.
- Very good command of English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Ability and confidence in the technical aspects of client accounting and VAT .
- Be able to prioritise tasks and work on multiple assignments.