Client is responsible for the collection, processing, analysis and sharing of information for compliance purposes. Currently seeking to recruit a Compliance Associate to join their team. The selected candidate should be well versed in the laws that govern prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the international standards and EU legislation in the area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading and assisting in the planning, preparation, and management of compliance assessments in liaison with other supervisory authorities as may be appropriate;
- Participation in meetings of the Compliance Monitoring Committee
- Reviewing, assessing and evaluating inspection reports, advising and reporting thereon, and implementing any necessary corrective measures and follow up procedures;
- Contributing in advising and assisting subject persons to establish appropriate AML and CFT internal structures and controls
- Ensuring that subject persons appoint a competent MLRO and maintaining an updated list of all MLROs;
- organizing, alone or jointly with other organizations, AML training and public awareness;
- Assisting and contributing to the drawing up and maintenance of a consolidated set of implementation procedures for all subject persons;
- Developing and establishing compliance procedures for off-site and on-site examinations and undertaking and reporting on such examinations either alone or in conjunction with the relevant supervisory authorities under the agreements in place; Receiving, reviewing, assessing, following up and evaluating annual compliance reports submitted by subject persons;
- Liaising and co-operating with supervisory authorities in implementing and monitoring compliance procedures; and
- Identifying subject persons and maintaining a database accordingly.
Applicants must be in possession of a University degree or an equivalent qualification in Banking and Finance, Financial Services, Economics, Law, English, History or in any other subject, provided that the applicant has proven experience in an area, which is relevant to this position.
- The selected candidate should be well versed in the laws that govern prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the international standards and EU legislation in the area.
- Sound knowledge of the relevant EU Directives and related local legislation that govern financial and ancillary services would also be required, together with a good level of familiarity with the operations of the financial services sector.
- Applicants should be proficient in the use of office automation tools, have a pleasant personality and be of good moral character.
- Preference may be given to applicants who occupied a position within the area of compliance.