The Securities Officer will be responsible for the handling of corporate actions of a wide range of securities which the Bank provides Custody safekeeping services for.
- Assist in the daily corporate action notification process through data received from various counterparties and necessary record keeping in line with the policy and procedures of the Bank;
- Set up of securities in the Bank’s master database and effecting necessary updates;
- Analyse and interpret Corporate Action events and ensure that instructions are adequately and timely captured with the Bank’s Sub-Custodians;
- Securities reconciliations against Bank counterparties’ records;
- Resolve external and internal queries relating to corporate actions;
- Attend monthly department meetings;
- Keep abreast of all banking rules, regulations and directives issued by the MFSA / ESMA and other rela
- A College or University degree would be considered an asset;
- Relevant proven work experience;
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel;
- Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills excellent attention to detail.