Chosen candidate will be leading the team handling commercial clients and programme placement for clients and prospects specifically in the financial and professional lines sector as well as have a key role in supporting the CEO in the business development strategy. This includes oversight of the overall service provision to clients ensuring that the business is retained and developed, as well as the onboarding of new clients.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Line management responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate with direct reports, and confidence to discipline when necessary.
- Overseeing and supporting the development of more junior colleagues, including acting as a guide and mentor for ‘future leaders’ within the team.
- Handling large and complex Financial Institution clients, with a high level of complexity and client contact
- Work on maintaining prospect pipelines.
- Product development with insurers where an opportunity is identified and necessitates such.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and engagement with other teams within the organisation to support growth goals.
- Work with the team and motivate to instill business development culture.
- Advise clients upon changes in perceived risk exposures and prepare them for optimal renewal process and outcomes.
- Produce quote reports and attend debrief / feedback meetings as necessary.
- Prompt and accurate resolution of queries.
- An understanding of the relevant classes of business – specifically Professional Indemnity, Directors’ and Officers’ Liability, Crime and Cyber – other classes will be considered.
- Ability to attract new business and identify opportunities.
- Experience in developing and implementing business plans.
- A detailed understanding of the broking and placement process.
- Knowledge of, and relationships with, insurers for the relevant products.
- An understanding of the regulatory and legislative landscape affecting insurance intermediaries.
- An ability to understand client’s economic and regulatory environment, business issues, insurance needs and expectations.
- Excellent written and spoken command of the English language and ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and assessment of data.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications including basic/intermediate use of spreadsheets and databases.
- Willingness and ability to continue to develop knowledge through formal and informal learning, both internal and external to the company.
- Ability to build and maintain good business relationships with clients, insurers and Associates.