Our client, an industry-leading platform for gamification transformation, is looking for a Senior Scala developer responsible for managing multiple client projects which require enhancements or set up from scratch.
The ideal candidate will be part of a talented software team that works mission-critical applications. The candidate our client is looking for will be able to understand and apply the core company values of trust, transparency, accountability, and growth mindset.
- Supporting core system developing.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Supporting clients with integration support:
- Writing programs which involve performing ETL tasks on the data stream provided by the customer, along with unit and integration tests.
- Q&A regarding implementation details of the ETL task.
- Technical operations tasks.
- Supporting core team with building a new set of APIs and assist in automation of API testing.
- Support operations in finding and resolving critical issues.
- Participate in resolving technical debt and bringing older code up to current standards.
- Develop and maintain internal documentation for key systems and services
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Design and Patterns.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience with Scala.
- Good understanding of SQL.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Professional attitude and ability to deliver completed tasks to meet tight timelines.
- Good English skills (spoken and written English).
- Experience of working with queues like “RabbitMQ”, “Kafka” and experience with Elasticsearch would be an added bonus
- Experience and understanding with TDD is nice to have