- You’re an emphatic person. In general, people write in to support because they are frustrated; as a support person, it’s your job to understand what they’re saying, listen to their concerns, and address them with empathy.
- You want to make a difference. We have hundreds of customers write in to us on a daily basis. As part of the support team, you’ll be making a real difference to real people.
- Patient and understanding with customers. Someone who can make the technical non-technical. In support, it’s often the case where you need to explain a technical concept to someone who isn’t technical at all; explaining this in a non-patronizing way, in easy to follow plain English isn’t easy! But that’s what we need.
- Empathy for customers.
- Passionate about providing excellent support.
- Fluent English (spelling and grammar).
- At least 1+ years of experience with WordPress.
- Understanding and ability to write custom CSS.
- Understand and the ability to write HTML.
- Familiar with tools like HelpNinja, Trello, Asana, Github, and Slack.
- Polite and understanding.
- Self-starter. You don’t have to be micromanaged.
- Troubleshooting experience.
- A curiosity to learn and grow
If you have the following it is a plus:
- Ability to write and understand PHP.
- WordPress plugin development experience.
- WordPress theme development experience.
- Previous remote working experience.