- Assisting Senior Associates and Associates in planning and executing compliance examination in line with internal procedures to assess subject persons’ adherence to AML/CFT obligations and whether the control framework is adequate towards ensuring that ML/FT risks are adequately mitigated.
- Assisting Senior Associates and Associates in analysing results of compliance examinations and prepare compliance examination reports on a timely basis to clearly document such results.
- Participating in Supervision Committee and Compliance Monitoring Committee and contributing in discussions on the results of compliance examinations.
- Liaising, coordinating, and cooperating with various Competent Authorities including the Malta Financial Services Authority/Malta Gaming Authority/Sanctions Monitoring Board/the National Coordination Committee for the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism/the Malta Police Force and others as may be required from time to time.
- Contribute to advising and assisting subject persons to establish appropriate AML/CFT internal structures and controls.
- Assisting the Risk Team in the carrying out of risk assessments, execution of risk verification procedures and provision of feedback on the outcome of compliance examination as well as the Remediation Team in following-up on the results of compliance examinations.
- Participating in training provided to subject persons, supervision officers or other supervisory authorities.
- Assisting in other task related to evaluations and assessments being undertaken by various local and international bodies such as the EU, the Egmont Group, MONEYVAL, FATF, etc.
- Carrying out any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the Director, Deputy Director, Head, Senior Manager and Manager, from time to time.
- MQF Level 5 qualification in Risk Management, Banking and Finance, Financial Services, Audit or in any other subject relevant to this position and at least 2 years work experience relevant to this post; OR
- MQF Level 4 qualification in Risk Management, Banking and Finance, Financial Services, Audit or in any other subject relevant to this position and at least 3 years work experience relevant to this post;
- Sound knowledge and practical understanding of the laws that govern the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the applicable international standards and EU legislation;
- Proven knowledge and experience in carrying out risk assessment, data analysis, report writing, review and audit engagements will be considered as an asset;
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and office automation tools;
- A clean criminal record