The Junior Legal Counsel shall work with various departments and units within the Bank and shall provide day-to-day legal advice, review strategic agreements, draft and negotiate commercial transactions, and participate in projects carried out by the bank as required.
- assisting with the development and overseeing of the Bank's processes from a legal point of view
- structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and transactions
- resolving issues that arise in existing commercial and banking relationships;
- drafting legal letters and related documentation as and when required
- giving legal advice to all Bank's branches, departments and units; and reporting in a timely and accurate manner on procedures and developments.
- Have a University degree in Law, with a warrant to practice as an advocate in Malta
- possess a sound knowledge of banking/corporate/financial services laws and regulations
- have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment; and have excellent command of English (both written and verbal).