- Carrying out ML/FT risk assessments of subject persons as well as risk assessments of the various sectors in which subject persons operate.
- Conducting supervisory meetings with subject persons to assist them in identifying gaps in their AML/CFT control framework.
- Reviewing risk data received from various sources to monitor significant risk changes and identify emerging risk trends.
- Analysing information obtained from supervisory interactions with subject persons for the purpose of preparing guidance papers on compliance best practices.
- Liaising and cooperating with other local and foreign competent authorities or regulatory bodies on AML/CFT related matters.
- An MQF Level 5 qualification or higher, in law, banking and finance, financial services, insurance, accounting, economics, or any related subject;
- Relevant work experience is considered an asset;
- Applicants should be knowledgeable in the laws that govern the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the international standards and EU legislation in the area;
- Familiarity with the operations of the sector/s in which subject persons operate, such as the financial services sector, the gaming sector, TCSP sector, etc., is considered an asset;
- Applicants should also have excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Fluency in English is required.